Test Results of the Autism-Spectrum Quotient test
Took the AQ Test i.e. the Autism-Spectrum Quotient which is a measure of the extent of autistic traits in adults.
Definition of autism:
- (psychiatry) an abnormal absorption with the self; marked by communication disorders and short attention span and inability to treat others as people [via WordWeb]
- A psychiatric disorder of childhood characterized by marked deficits in communication and social interaction, preoccupation with fantasy, language impairment, and abnormal behavior, such as repetitive acts and excessive attachment to certain objects. It is usually associated with intellectual impairment [via Dictionary.com]
- a variable developmental disorder that appears by age three and is characterized by impairment of the ability to form normal social relationships, by impairment of the ability to communicate with others, and by stereotyped behavior patterns [via Merriam-Webster Online]
Definition of adult:
- A fully developed person from maturity onward [via WordWeb]
- Any mature animal [via WordWeb]
- One who has attained maturity or legal age [via Dictionary.com]
- Biology. A fully grown, mature organism [via Dictionary.com]
- noun: one that is adult; especially : a human being after an age (as 21) specified by law [via Merriam-Webster Online]
According to the test, "Eighty percent of those diagnosed with autism or a related disorder scored 32 or higher".
I scored 31. I seem to be almost autistic or not an adult at all 😛